Friday, October 8, 2010

Coffe shop

Sitting in a coffee shop, I suddenly realized that I’d never seen this place before. Quickly after that realization came two more; the chair I was sitting in was awful and it felt like a thorn was stuck in the roof of my mouth.

I stood up and it was like the morning’s first stretch. I didn’t recall how I got where I was…everything felt brand new, as if all of my senses were just waking up. Not knowing what else to do, I walked over to the counter and ordered a hot chocolate. The guy behind the counter gave me a cup and I took a sip.

Pain screamed through my head. I’d forgotten about whatever was wrong with the roof of my mouth.

I reached in and felt around for anything that might cause that kind of irritation. I found something, about the size of a grain of rice. I grabbed it as best I could and gently pulled.

Out came something. And, it kept coming. As I pulled it out, my vision pooled with blood and my entire face went numb. When it finally ended, it appeared to be a needle about seven inches long. I could feel the cavity in my head that it had left in its wake.

The numbness in my face spread to my whole body and the room was red with my blood. It was a strange time for me.

I guess I should find a better chair, I thought.

No comments: